Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questionnaire Extraordinaire!

1. If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?
Well I am pretty proud of some of the stuff that has been going into my zombie game, but since that's not finished I would have to say my pick pocket rules.

2. When was the last time you GMed?
Last Tuesday.

3. When was the last time you played?
A few weekends ago, but before that I had a several year dry spell.

4. Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven't run but would like to.
Zak's Gigacrawler but fantasy, based off of Jim Henson's Labyrinth.

5. What do you do while you wait for players to do things?
Frantically try to think of how to respond to the stuff they are suggesting.

6. What, if anything, do you eat while you play?
Candy, I try to stay away from greasy chips at the table.

7. Do you find GMing physically exhausting? 
Yes. Sometimes I just need to lay on the floor for a minute or two mid session.

8. What was the last interesting (to you, anyway) thing you remember a PC you were running doing?
 Riding a bear.
9. Do your players take your serious setting and make it unserious? Vice versa? Neither?
Sometimes. Not too bad though. Stuff like insisting that they should have a bear mount.

10. What do you do with goblins?
Love em. In my world nearly all goblins are brainwashed slaves to the Goddess of Vermin. The few that break free are loveable and eccentric npc types.

11. What was the last non-RPG thing you saw that you converted into game material (background, setting, trap, etc.)?

Can't think of anything right now.

12. What's the funniest table moment you can remember right now?
My girlfriend's character doing a naked ritual knife-fight to create a distraction.

13. What was the last game book you looked at--aside from things you referenced in a game--why were you looking at it?

Pathfinder Game Mastery Guide. Looking up the rules on ship combat for my upcoming Pirate game.

14. Who's your idea of the perfect RPG illustrator?
The fine artists whose work grace the Moldvay Basic set.

15. Does your game ever make your players genuinely afraid? 
Once or twice.

16. What was the best time you ever had running an adventure you didn't write? (If ever)
B1 - Every time I run it.

17. What would be the ideal physical set up to run a game in?
A big mead hall. Giant oak table. Thrones for everyone. Dragonbone dice.

18. If you had to think of the two most disparate games or game products that you like what would they be?
MouseGuard RPG and Carcosa.

19. If you had to think of the most disparate influences overall on your game, what would they be?

 The Conan the Adventurer cartoon and elements of Lovecraftian horror.

20. As a GM, what kind of player do you want at your table?
 I think respect is the most important quality I want at my table- from myself as well. If everyone involved in the game respects everyone else then most problems will be pretty minor.

21. What's a real life experience you've translated into game terms?

My girlfriend flirts with NPCs sometimes... that's all I can think of.

22. Is there an RPG product that you wish existed but doesn't?

Not that I can think of. More goblin stuff maybe.

23. Is there anyone you know who you talk about RPGs with who doesn't play? How do those conversations go?

Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment