Sunday, January 8, 2012

CONAN THE ADVENTURER !!!!

Or "THE BEST DAMN CARTOON EVAR!"

I am referring to the 1992-1994 children's cartoon which ran for 65 episodes. I absolutely love this show. No- seriously, I LOVE it. I think my parents, friends, and pretty girlfriend are all getting a bit concerned over how much I love this cartoon. I clearly remember watching it as a little kid of like 6 years old and going nuts.
 I mean seriously- check out how rad this into is.


So yeah this was my first exposure to Conan, even if it was a watered down- suitable for 6 year olds to watch version of Conan. I watched it as a kid and then kind of forgot about it for a long time. Eventually I saw the Schwarzenegger films and then got around to reading some of the stories. In my second year of university I realized that the entire CONAN THE ADVENTURER cartoon series was posted on youtube, needless to say I got right on that and watched em all. Since then I found the first season and part 1 of the second season on DVD, and bought them right up.

I think I'm going to do a series of posts about this cartoon. Wikipedia has all the plot and character info anyone could ever want, and like I said all the episodes are on youtube, so I'm going to try to avoid recaps and instead look at the series in terms of inspiration to use in D&D (or Pathfinder or whatever).

I hope everyone had safe and happy holidays. Drive safe.
 
A friend of mine died in a car crash a few days before christmas, just hit a patch of ice on a sunny morning on her way to work. She was really nice and smart and it sucks that she is gone. I wasn't going to mention it at all but I donno, I just really feel like I needed to.

1 comment:

  1. Quantum Transport prides to be the Best Door To Door Auto Transport service in the market and we guarantee market best rates and charge you only once the carrier has been dispatched for your order Door to DoorCar Shipping .Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience so we schedule your Door To Door Vehicle Transport service.

    ReplyDelete